December 14, 2008

Holiday biological baking timers

Photobucket

Tara and I decided to bake Christmas cookies this weekend. When I told my co-worker Adam what we were doing, he said that every woman has a need to bake Christmas cookies. He said a biological baking timer goes off in December and all the women suddenly feel an urge to bake Christmas cookies.

That fact could be debatable, but since I am one of those women (along with Tara) who has that timer set off every holiday season I could not find any good points to argue with.

On Sunday Tara came over and we baked up dozens of cookies. We ran out of green sprinkles, but the lack of sprinkles led to a creative Christmas cookie breakthrough thanks to the help of green food coloring. We dyed some of the dough green for the Christmas tree shaped cookies. Now we're excited to dye the dough more colors next Christmas...

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Hi Sara!
Your friend is right, and if he is very wise he will have great respect for all the female timers in his life. We have been doing some baking here, too. As Caera likes to say, we "woll woll woll" the dough.

Your Christmas tree cookies are beautiful. Last week, after a party, I got to find out what eating about twenty of those does to a two-year-old's diaper - apparently green food coloring does not get digested!

I love reading your blog, thanks for keeping it going. We think of you often when we are reading Turnagain Ptarmigan or playing wiht baby Sara!